Surah Al-Fatihah is the greatest Surah in the Quran, the like of which was never revealed before it. It’s also known as Umm al-Kitaab (Mother of the Book). We recite it at least 17 times a day, yet most of us have no clue how exquisite this Surah is.
So, let’s begin:
1) A Concise Interpretation of Surah Al-Fatihah by Dr. Saleh As-Saleh (rahimahullah).
2) Tafseer from Adwaa Al-Bayaan by Shaikh Muhammad Al-Ameen Ash-Shinqeetee (rahimahullah).
I love this one. He does the tafseer of the Quran using the Quran itself (the principle is that one part of the Quran explains another). This is the summarised version.
3) Tafseer from Tayseer Al-Kareem Ar-Rahman (which is nice and simple) by Shaikh Abdur Rahman As-Saadi (rahimahullah).
Shaikh As-Saadi also provides lessons that can be learnt from this surah.
4) Tafseer by Shaikh Ibn Uthaimeen (rahimahullah).
I tend to gobble up his books. He just has a knack for explaining things, masha-Allah.
5) The Spiritual Cure compiled by Abu Rumaysah.
Compiled from where, you ask? Well, just about all the comentaries out there!!! This is a published book, as a matter of fact. May Allah reward brother Abu Rumaysah immensely.